Friday, September 30, 2011

Fall

Did you know that I LOVE Fall?  Josh is not a big fan as it preceeds winter, but I love everything about Fall.  I love outdoor football games, I love marching bands, and I also love the donuts at the apple orchards.  While my parents were in town to celebrate Hudson and Audrey's birthday we went to an apple orchard.  It was a beautiful day full of apples and donuts.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Since the Tigers clinched the division early in the season Josh's boss gave him tickets that were normally only reserved for clients.  It was the most amazing game.  Partially because of the exciting game and partially because of our seats.  We could literally smell the grass on the field.  The players were a stones throw away from us. 
Photobucket
Photobucket

The players warm up when switching from offense to defense.  Josh's boss warned us that the first baseman usually tosses the ball to children or women in the first row after the warm up has finished.  Hudson and Audrey took their baseball gloves so they could catch any balls that were discarded our way.  Luckily for us there was a well connected gentleman a few seats away from me.  He knew "Tommy" Brookens the first base coach and heckled him because the "little girl in the pink coat" hadn't gotten a ball yet.  The next inning when Tommy came out to take his spot in the infield he made his way to Audrey and Hudson.  Out of Tommy's back pocket came a ball for Audrey and one for Hudson.
Photobucket

Later in the game Hudson was tossed a ball by Don Kelly who had taken over first base for Cabrera in the top of the ninth.
Photobucket

Although I loved the seats, the game Hudson and I went to earlier in the season was just as exciting from the bleachers.  If offered, I wouldn't pass up the first row tickets, but I would be just as thrilled to be at the game in the bleachers.  There is something about a live baseball game that really tickles my fancy. 

Don't I sound like a real hardcore baseball fan?

Have a good one.   

No comments: